Monday, November 23, 2009

Stepping out in Faith

It's been over two years since my last post, and all I can say is that the Lord has truly been faithful and has been with me every step along the way. I joined my firm at the peak of the LBO boom and soon after joining, our country entered the deepest recession since the last great depression.

2008 was a tough year for our nations economy, but fortunately for me I was the lead staff on two large transactions in the paper and packaging industry and also in the natural resources sectors, so looking back in hindsight the Lord shielded me completely from the 2008 financial crises.

Around December of 2008, I attended a firm-wide training on business combinations in New York, and this was just after the sub-prime credit crises on wall street. Some of the firms that declined to extend me full time offers a year earlier no longer existed including Merrill Lynch (acquired by BofA), Lehman Brothers (filed for Chapter 11), and Bear Stearns (sold for $2 per share to JPM, which was later increased to $10 per share). During my visit to New York most of the firms that turned me down were uprooted (or bailed out) following the severe credit crisis. My sympathies go out to all those who lost their jobs and my advice is for them to keep their heads up and to use this time to get to know Jesus Christ (if they don't already know him) and to make Him the foundation of their lives so that in the future, "though you may stumble, you will never fall".

Walking around times square I was full of emotion and couldn't help but thank God for leading me to my current job and for protecting me from the fall out from the credit crises that no one anticipated.

In 2009, the Lord moved again, and I am glad to say that after 1 year and 9 months, I was promoted to Senior Associate and I was given the opportunity to work on the largest restructuring of a U.S. industrial company in our country's history. I learned alot and I thank God everyday for the promotion and for the opportunity that he has given me.

Right now, I am facing a lot of persecution for my faith in Jesus Christ, and for the success the Lord has given me in my short career. I am currently praying for the Lord to show me his will for my life and to guide me every step along the way, whether that is at my current job, or else where. I am trusting God and I am believing that he has already given me a new direction. Today, I am thanking God in advance for what he has already done, and my reason for this post is to encourage all my reader's to continue trusting God in all their situations and circumstances, and to keep praising him for his love truly endures forever. Amen!

I'll keep you guys updated with my journey to wherever the Lord leads. God Bless.

ThaDonMega

No comments: